Tuesday, October 13, 2009

blog 6-freebie

There is nothing like the sound of two football pads hitting each other early in the morning. The National Football League has been producing big hits for centuries. Many of these hits have become illegal and rule changes have been emphasized to protect the players. In this video, Tom Brady releases the ball and an opposing team player is pushed to the ground infront of him. The Ravens player did not even make contact with Tom Brady of the Patriots but because of the rule change, there was a 15 yard penalty and a first down issued. This call was very controversial because Tom Brady looked at the referee and demanded a penalty be called. I also agree with Rodney Harrison when he tells Tom Brady to, "Take off your skirt and put some slacks on." I agree with this because you cannot be losing a game, demand a penalty, and then later in that drive win the game. The rules are important to protect quarterbacks but this season is getting rediculous. With Tom Brady, you dont even have to touch him to get a penalty. But, if you do the same thing with San Fransisco's quarterback Sean Hill, I can guarentee that there will be no penalty called. The reason I am posting this blog is to tell people that the NFL used to be a game devoted to big hits and hurting the quarterback. Now, the quarterback barely gets touched and there is a penalty. I want to see the game go back to its more violent nature where big hits are on the regular and the quarterback is not an exception to hits.

7 comments:

  1. I don't know about the violent part of the sport but I hear you on the politics of the game. I say if they are going to play any sport, they are to play it, no extra rules and feelings attached. Athletes are making big money to have full contact with the apposing team as well as the element of the game. Personally I don't watch sports because of the violent aspect of such contact, but all in all, have at it...

    Nicely done ... good passion

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES SIRRR!!!. Take off the skirt Brady. Im a ravens fan and that game was a disgrace to the officials. Quarterbacks are players to let them be hit. Great Post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure that you know what you are talking about because unlike me, you seem to be into football. However, to me, I feel like all of the athletes in the NFL are pretty violent as is. I watch games on tv and those tackles look pretty brutal. How much violent could it get?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeahhh! I love football, a lot because it is so violent, if you are going to play professional football you need to be willing to get a little dirty and possibly get hurt. If Brady is going to call a pently, being a quarterback, maybe he should try playing powder puff, or touch football where you can't tackle and he wouldn't have to worry about it. I don't know a lot about football, but i do love to watch it. good post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Take off your skirt and put some slacks on." SASSY.

    I watch football every now and then, as my family are all Dolphin fans...(Don't hate! :P) but I can't say I know much about the rules and whatnot. I understand that the safety of the quarterback and any of the players for that matter is important, but that penalty did seem a bit ridiculous. Not only is that not fair to the other positions and players, but to the team who obviously didn't do anything wrong. It sounds like Brady was just being a poor sport.

    ReplyDelete
  6. dang that dude was pissed! ha sweet clip man and good blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAHAHAHA take off your skirt and throw on some slackss! oh my god that is so funny. When I saw that play I wanted to punch my tv because that was such a b.s. call. I don't like the Ravens, but honestly Tom Brady is a wuss

    ReplyDelete